11/17/14

Chicken Pesto and Tomato Bake

The other day I was looking for a recipe to bring a friend for dinner,  I wanted something simple yet delicious.  They had a few dietary restrictions so I needed to stick with chicken and when I saw this recipe on pintrest (from thepinningmama )I had to try it out.


Chicken Pesto Tomato Bake


             "To make this takes minutes.  Trim your chicken breast and lay them in a glass baking dish.  Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of prepared pesto (I like the Kirkland brand at Costco, but it all works!) Slice 1-2 roma tomatoes into 1/2″ thick slices and lay them on top of the pesto.  Sprinkle mozzarella (or Italian blend cheese) over the whole thing.  I like to use the Frigo mozzarella and just grate a bit for the top, but to make it even easier just use pregrated.  Bake at 400˚F for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear."




**For once, I actually followed the recipe exactly.  I cut our breasts into pieces since we were feeding children, but other than that it's exactly the same!
My kids LOVED it, my husband LOVED it.  Quick, easy, and if you watch your pesto - a clean eating recipe!  This will be a family go-to for sure!  We served it over tiny pasta but that was only because I didn't know how our friends would like quinoa.  

Try it out and let me know how you like it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment